Sunday, November 4, 2012

Spring Break: Staying with Family and Friends

One of the best parts about our trip was getting to spend some time with family and friends that we normally don't get a chance to see.

Our first visit was in Jacksonville with my aunt. The kids have adopted her as a grandma and loved getting chance to see her and relax and enjoy some yummy home cooked food.  I had a blast getting to hear some of the old family stories and look through the family pictures together.

Next we stayed with my friend Lindsey in Daytona. It was stormy for a lot of the visit but nice and cozy and the kids had a blast with her adorable dogs (some of the few little dogs that I've ever met that I've liked) I think that the kids are hoping that they'll have puppies so we can try to claim one!

Our next stop was in Orlando with my friend Donelle. It was nice getting to meet Don and the new kitties (even if we did terrify most of them). It was just a nice super fun time. The only regret is that it didn't line up with her daughter's spring break from college.

Last friend that we got to see this trip was Summer - a friend of Mark's and mine (we both knew her before we knew each other!) We were treated to some wonderful creme brulee for desert that night and she and her new hubby let us stay an unexpected night before we hit the road home!

These pictures are from Donelle's house - don't know why I didn't get the camera out more!

Miss Isis
Mamma Trill
Alicia having a blast getting a mold done of her hand! Had fun with art and I think Don definitely won a friend!

The finished product of Alicia's Hand!
Ry enjoying the comfy chair!




No comments:

Post a Comment