Two Saturday's ago we got a chance to spend the evening with the McNaughton Clan and Company... it was so much fun getting to see and spend time with everyone. What a beautiful summer's night relaxing with friends who have become like a second family to us. The kids had a great time playing ball and frisbee and my two little athletes even got me out to play for a little bit.


Sunday night Mark began feeling ill, Monday when he came home from work he was all out sick. Our best guess is that he had the flu. The good part was that it meant that we had him home with us for a few days. The bad part didn't stop there however, Tuesday morning Alicia woke up with a pretty yucky case of Pink Eye so it was off to the pediatrician. Wednesday evening it continued... as I should have expected... when Ryan began to get Pink Eye as well. The bright side of things was that by some miracle I've avoided the worst of it all (crossing my fingers). I still have a sore throat and whenever I think about the Pink Eye my eyes begin to itch but nothing seems to be doing anything worse than that and everyone seems to be on the mend at last.
Thursday we had a wonderful treat from Kathy McNaughton. We had originally planned to go together to go pick strawberries but with the kids getting ill decided it wasn't the best idea. She went picking though and brought us a huge delicious bowl full of sweet strawberry goodness... the kids (and I) immediately began digging in and it was exactly the pick-me-up that we all needed to start feeling better.


Saturday everyone was feeling quite a bit better and we had a fun morning getting to watch Zed and Myra McNaughton. It was like having two sets of twins (I'm still not sure how anyone does that full time...) The kids were really good together and we mostly just playing on the swing set in a daring pirate adventure with bad guys, walking the plank, views from the crow's nest, and a fearsome duel with a dragon... who turned out to be actually a good dragon that was guarding our treasure.
That night Nate took the kids for us and Mark and I actually got to go on a date. We went and saw Transformers.... gotta say I loved the time with Mark but I was not impressed with the movie in the least...
No comments:
Post a Comment