Thursday, June 11, 2009

Oh to be five again...

I just have to post some of the conversations that we've had with Alicia recently to be sure I have them for blackmail when she's older.

As we're driving down the road:
A- "People come from animal sounds"
D- "Oh?"
A- "Yep. Like a donkey says 'pea-cock' 'pea-cock'"
To really understand this moment you have to have been there. She said peacock with a perfect donkey bray.

While she was using the bathroom:
A- "Mommy, I just said a prayer to Heavenly Father."
D- (while trying to stop from laughing) "what about hunny?"
A- "I prayed for five children when I get big."
D- "Five is a lot, are you sure?"
A - "Yep, and Heavenly Father will give them to me because that's what He does!"
Somehow I think we've missed a few connections with that one.

Sitting together on the couch:
A- "Mommy when I get big, I'm going to come to your house every day and do all the cleaning and the cooking and everything so you don't have to."
D- "That would be nice."
A- "Yep, when I get big I'll have lots of cleaning energy."
D- wonders silently where all of that energy is now...

No comments:

Post a Comment