Friday, August 3, 2012

Winterness

I know, it's August and like 90 degrees outside (okay so currently only 85 but still!) and I'm just getting around to winter. Well, I won't waste time with excuses because well, it's me and if you're reading this that's probably enough said.


So.... winter was kind of crazy, we didn't really get much snow at all. The kids did get a little stir crazy with not enough snow for sledding or snowballs but it being still to cold to do much else outside. We managed to have some good times though.

Our pond didn't really freeze over very long solid enough to where I was going to take the kids out ice-skating on it but one of the local towns has a green that they spray down and we went and had some fun with friends.  Ry did great for his 2nd time ever ice-skating. He was pretty terrified to let go of my hand though. Alicia had to suffer through some skates that she doesn't quite fit into yet (probably just perfect for next winter) but did really well and had fun.
 

Ryan is still his normal my-way-is-the-only-way kind of kid. I tried to get all the snack foods out of reach but it was less than a week before the kids found them up there.Oh - and notice the shorts. All winter long he tried to convince me that it wasn't cold a bit and that he needed to wear summer clothes. I'm actually pretty surprised that he's wearing long sleeves.


Still he does tend to make up for it with things like this "love note" I got for Valentine's Day. 
 

 February we got a family pass to the rec center again and the kids had fun getting to go swimming. Alicia even worked until she could pass her deep end swimming test although she's still mad she doesn't get to go upstairs and ride the exercise bikes and play with the treadmill. I think she's planning on developing a line of exercise equipment that works for kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment