Thursday, January 26, 2012

Christmastime

I'm still working on finding the pics from Christmas - pretty sure they're on Mark's computer or something... or maybe we just didn't take any.... hopefully soon I'll find them and add them...

With all of the craziness of going to TN just a few weeks before Christmas I honestly had no idea what to expect for the big day. It seems though that every year whatever plans I have are thwarted by some kind of sick bug. This year - no exception. We were just barely starting to recover on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day so instead of sharing more than presents we decided to stay home instead of going to NY and just taking it easy. Of course that meant a last minute scramble on Christmas Eve morning to figure out what we would do for stocking stuffers and dinner. It wasn't much but it worked and Alicia even decided she liked the squash I made up!

Anyways, thanks to some super generous family and friends the kids got a ton of new things for Christmas that they're still enjoying. Ry seriously hit the jackpot this year and had all of his favorite bases covered. Alicia is still enjoying putting up a show complaining about how "girly" a lot of her presents were but she's also secretly been loving and snuggling them when she thinks no one is paying attention .... it's down right funny actually, I may have to catch some video. I think both had fun even though Christmas itself was pretty quiet. We did get to go over to NY a few days afterward and then later we had our usual New Year's Eve Christmas with friends that was a lot of fun - I can't believe even Ry made it to midnight this year although Mark had a talk and I had to teach sharing time on New Years Day so we came home and crashed pretty much as soon as the clock struck 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment