Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The happenings

So I guess I should say the un-happenings... I haven't blogged much lately because things have settled back into a new pattern of mundane chaos, I still am not certain where all the time goes, I just know that I don't seem to have any of it.

Let's see Alicia is loving school still although has given in and most of the time asks me to pick her up instead of riding the bus. Strange, I had actually begun to be grateful for the extra hour it gave me to get work done! (I guess that's one of those be careful what you wish for cases?) We are still having some fun trying to get her awake in the mornings though, she's just always on the go that when she crashes, she's out.

Ryan has been driving me nuts lately waking up every morning between 2:30 - 3:30 for anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hr before he settles back down completely. We've tried everything we can think of to get him to sleep through the night and no luck so I'm just trying to appreciate the cuddle time and not think about how completely sleep deprived I feel most of the day.

Mark is enjoying rubbing it in my face that he's done with school for now. :-) Thankfully that means he's been able to help a lot more and in general we've gotten to enjoy lots more fun time with Daddy home and not having to be glued to his computer or textbook. I think it's been nice for all of us.

Right now I'm still trying to make it through my last two terms of school until I get my B.A. and decide what I'm going to do following that. I'm working on editing my novel. When I'm not working on my novel or school I'm trying to catch up with stuff around the house - okay, who am I kidding, I'm spending time making train tracks and Lincoln log homes with the munchkins!

Fall has been beautiful, I've gotten some pictures that I'll post here or on the other blog soon but not as many as I would have liked because even though the leaves have been great it's been grey and cloudy and rainy most of the time.

As for the garden... ::sigh:: NOT a good year. Coons and ants got most of my corn, slugs got my tomatoes and some of the pumpkins, some green worm thing killed the broccoli. I think I've gotten a few peppers, one tomato, one zuch, possibly 6 small pumpkins and 1 med/large sized (still waiting to see what happens) oh, and one carrot. Yeah, I think that's about it, kind of depressing actually. Now that I'm starting to get the growing part down I've got to figure out the pests thing so I can figure out how to protect what actually grows.

On that note... there is a little man that has climbed up in my lap that definitely needs a diaper... back to business :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment