Once again I'm a bit behind in my posts (this one's about a month overdue) but at the end of September we finally got to go apple picking up at Wellwood. Fall has been crazy, there just weren't too many weekends that weren't rainy and drizzly and just too cold to go. Finally we got a Saturday morning that was beautifully clear and we got to go attempt to supply Ryan's apple addiction (okay and mine... I love apples, especially fresh ones) After picking 3/4 of a bushel (probably a full bushel if you count the ones we taste tested) we went through it in less than two weeks. This weekend is the last one for picking and most of the apples are already down so I don't know if we'll get the chance to load up again. But we did have lots of yummy apple goodness and I got to try a new apple crisp recipie!

Mark loaded with apples while the kids show off for the camera.

Alicia and I hiding under one of the apple trees.

Ryan protecting his apple conquest after finally freeing it from the evil clutches of the tree.

Alicia showing a little pink from the cold.

Alicia and Ryan up on the rock again... note the absolutely beautiful blue sky... and that Ryan refused to wear his sweater dispite the chill.
We didn't do the petting zoo because it was kind of crowded and Alicia was going back in a week with her first class field trip. But the kids had fun tromping all over the orchard and we even made some fun discoveries of some peaches and plums.
No comments:
Post a Comment