Strawberry Picking: July 11
Ryan gorged himself the whole time we were there pretty much and still had to have more on the ride home...
after Alicia picked half a container only to have Ryan decide it was easier to eat hers than pick his own she gave up and went to climb the rock for a better view
we went with some friends of ours... always better that way...
one of my favorite things about Wellwood - it has some of the nicest views around... it's even better come fall.Raspberry Picking: July 25

We actually started our vacation early by picking a few pints of raspberries. The kids had a little too much fun trying to hide from us in the rows though.Blueberry Picking: August 13


the main attraction at Wellwood is the apples and apple season is just around the corner so they're getting started with all their fun extras - like the size up chart and apple faces - the kids and I just couldn't resist.
Alicia proved herself to be a fantastic blueberry picker and picked nearly as much as I did (at least if you count all that went in her mouth as well as her containers)
Ryan even decided to help pick for more than just his mouth this time - he had lots of fun looking for the "boo" berries
when the charm of the berries wore off the kids headed for the animals in their petting zoo - Alicia can't wait till we come back to do apples since I promised to take them in again (we went inside our first time to the orchard last fall but I had taken the kids by myself this time and I'm just a little chicken to have them around so many animals without even numbers).The season's not done yet however, there's still a few more weeks of blueberries that we're going to take advantage of (since most of ours went to my first attempt at blueberry jam). Ryan loves apples almost as much as he loves strawberries so we'll be back a few times then as well... I'm seriously thinking I'm going to have to work on our own gardening so we can start with some of our own. Still a much better price and taste than the supermarket though.
No comments:
Post a Comment