Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Mud Season has Arrived

Yesterday was beautiful. Just after lunch I looked at the thermostat and it was saying that it was 60 outside. I took my book for class to read while the kids ran around for a while finally able to navigate through the snow to reach their swingset. After a little while of that they decided that the mud-puddles now populating our driveway made for an even better adventure.

A few minutes into this Alicia disappears into the house and comes back wearing her swim-suit. I figured after a few minutes reality would sink in and she would get cold. No such luck - for a good half hour they both continued playing in the mud puddles "Mommy - Ryan and I are mud lovers!" and chasing our neighbor's dog Nikki who came for a visit. It was finally Ryan who decided that his hands were rapidly turning into ice-cubes that convinced Alicia it was time to come inside. They were both covered, when I took Ryan's shoes off I had to pour the mud from inside them, wash them and put them outside to dry. They both got a nice bath that helped to warm them up and as soon as he was clean and warm again, Ryan crashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment