Monday, March 2, 2009

Looking Forward

Ignoring the fact that it's snowing again outside, it's March, and that is cause for great celebration! Only one more month of winter (April only half-way counts) The sap buckets are out and the plow piles have finally melted so they're not taller than I am. Saturday we went to the store and bought our seeds for the garden this year. Alicia helped me choose a variety of herbs, flowers, and lots of veggies.

As part of this countdown also begins my countdown to the birthdays, even though there's a month and a half, I think this year will be a big one since it's 5 and 2. Pretty much everyone is invited but I've had a hard time picking themes, currently the idea is a princess/dragon/knight idea (mostly based on some awesome cakes I saw on the Betty Crocker website), but I've also been thinking about bugs and garden since it's spring, Dora because she's just always fun, and Hawaii because Alicia's already decided she wants us to go there although I think we finally did find a new home for the palm trees that appeared magically about 3 years ago! Just wishing I had Lindsey here to help with the cakes...

No comments:

Post a Comment