Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Another Year Older... Another Year Wiser?

So yesterday was the big day. Not really anything substantial this time in numbers. Actually, after all the years of picking on Dad for not remembering, I had to really think and count it out when I realized it was coming up. Sad really, I don't even want to think about how bad my memory will be when I get to 60. I've seriously considered stocking up on Ginko... but anyways.

So I wake up to the sounds of the kids attacking each other in their room, but since they weren't yelling for me yet I decided to spoil myself and ignore them (I really am horrible about waking up). Just as I had about succeeded I hear the phone going off... thanks again Mom! (I love you :-) !) But since the kids now knew I was awake, that pretty much ended that idea. After we went through the routine of getting their milk (Alicia's version off coffee) Alicia got a really excited look on her face... "Mommy I got you a present!" So she runs and brings back this package wrapped in a paper bag that she's been slicing to shreds for the past few days and hands it to me. It was actually one of her books, but the wrapping job was fairly impressive.

When Mark got home from work I got the rest of the presents, including a real camera again to replace the one I lost back in August. Needless to say I'm beyond myself with excitement. Now I can actually take pictures of spring (I was dying last fall... it was our prettiest yet and me with no camera.)

When we got home from dinner and shopping for a camera bag Alicia started loading up the laundry basket with the clothes that had been in the dryer. She even knew to check the lint trap. When she was done she started moving the clothes from the washer into the dryer. I went to go do something else and then walk into the living room to see her pushing the dry laundry basking in and I hear the dryer going again in the background... sure enough not only had she finished loading the laundry into it but had got it going all by herself. This was totally all on her own she just really loves the front loaders. I guess it's moments like those that make up for the "Mommy feed me like a baby" moments....::sigh::

Overall, I've had a really great year, and I'm determined that this next one will be even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment