Saturday morning, pretty much first thing Alicia decided she was going to write a book. I didn't really think much of it but then I start getting calls for help.... she's got Photoshop up on the computer and is trying to figure out how to delete something she didn't like off the cover. I help, go away and then I get another plea for help a few minutes later.... "Mommy, the cover's done, how do I get to the first page so I can start writing?" After trying to explain the basic differences between Photoshop and Word, I opened up a Doc for her to start in.
Here is how she spent the majority of the rest of the weekend...
Hi, I am Christian and my sister’s name is Elizabeth. I am a traveler with my Mom. Elizabeth stays with Dad. Mom has two bags, so does Dad. Mom has a bag for her clothes and the other bag has her tools. One night we went to see Elizabeth and Dad but when we got there Dad was not there. Elizabeth said he was getting dinner so we waited there till Dad got home. We had a yummy diner. When we were done with diner Mom said she would clean. Dad said he was going to the Lydia Museum. “No, not that museum,” said Mom. “That one is too dangerous.” “No it is not dangerous,” Dad said and he walked out the door like nothing happened. Mom followed Dad and she hugged Dad as if Mom knew what was going to happen. Then we all got in the car except Mom. After Mom got in the house we took off. When we got there we saw two people. They were coming toward us. Elizabeth was not scared. I was scared. But when they got to us they didn’t seem too creepy, they seemed friendly, at least one did. There was a woman and a man. The man said “come this way sir and ma’m and you sir.” We followed him into a room. The woman took Dad’s clothes bag. She was reaching for Dad’s tool bag. Dad saw her reaching for his bag. He said, “I’ll keep this one.” When we came in our mouths dropped. The room was huge. There were statues of Egyptian gods and in the center of the room was a box with a stone. The stone was blue, almost glowing it was so beautiful. The woman said, “We will leave you. I will give you the rules and don’t break any of the rules and they left. “Okay, so what do we do now,” I said. Dad said, “I need you to turn around for a minute.” So I turned around and Elizabeth turned around. We waited till Dad said it was okay to turn around. He handed a chain to me, it felt heavier than a chain should feel. Dad said to follow the two people who let us into the room and he told us to lock Joseph, the museum keeper, up. We followed the man in to his office and he shut the door and we chained Joseph’s door up. And after we locked his door up we went back to the big room that the man took us when we got there. Dad was turned around looking at the stone. I realized Dad was writing on the stone. And he was writing “open”. I was a little scared. Then the stone exploded. I woke up to find a piece of the stone in my mouth. I spit it out of my mouth. I looked at Dad but he was looking at something else something in front of us. I held my breath. Something was standing in front of us. Dad said, “how many did I release?” “You released all eight.”
That's where she left off for now (granted I did edit slightly for some sentence structure and grammar/spelling issues but not much.... except for maybe the spelling part, she is after all, my daughter) ... slightly more than the couple of sentences on each page with a big picture that I was thinking was the plan. She wants to finish it, draw the pictures for it and turn it into a real book that will be in bookstores and libraries and people can buy.
Can you tell what book we listened to twice on cd last week? Another hint.... the title of her book is "The Red House".
No comments:
Post a Comment