Wednesday, March 2, 2011

V-Day Meltdown

For Valentine's this year we all had a family fun project (actually really I did get the instructions off the Family Fun website - it's one of my absolute favorites!) But really... I remember making these in a muffin tray when I was being babysat with one of my friends at her house - no really I remember it because I thought it was the coolest thing ever and when I saw this Valentine's version I knew that I had to try it.

Step 1: Fill up tray with unwrapped broken crayon bits


Step 2: Bake in oven at 250 degrees for about 10 minutes or until melted

Step 3: Let Cool and Enjoy!

Alicia then took the ones for her class party and we taped them to cardstock and wrote out "Happy Valentine's Day" - simple, cost free, personalized, ultra cute, and so much fun. Really you should have seen the looks on the kids faces when we popped them out of the cookie sheet. They loved it and each got to keep their own special one. Besides that, we got to use up a significant portion of my broken crayon supply - don't worry, they're working on refilling it.

No comments:

Post a Comment