Actually today it is miraculously peaking through the clouds... but if by any chance you're just hanging on the edge of your seat wondering what in the world the Ostrom's have been up to since no matter what kinds of promises I've made that this blog still stands virtually untouched in the new year... well, let's see
First of all you have to take into account that even though Spring has technically arrived, VT is still a little slow recognizing this and we really won't get that memo here for about another month. We tend to hang on to our winters here for a good long while. Which pretty much means that end of January through April – unless you’re an avid skier or snowboarder - we're just all waiting for the snow to go away. Even the kids have had it because it only takes about a month or so of it just being too cold before they realize that playing outside really isn't so much fun if you're turning into a popsicle and that they’ve pretty much exhausted all the indoor toys, movies, and computer games.
But anyways, I'm working on eliminating the result of such "leisure time" and we're down to usually only one punching/kicking/pinching fight a day, so I feel like I'm making progress with them. Actually I have to thank Mark. My birthday present was a month long family pass to the rec-center which went nicely with the free swimming lessons there that Alicia had gotten through school this year. So basically we've spent A LOT of time down at the rec-center this past month. Both kids have really been working hard on developing some good water skills and have definitely enjoyed the change of scenery. Now that it's starting to get some sunshine and warming up a bit I'm even having a hard time getting them to take advantage of it because they just love going and hanging out there for a while after school. Hopefully the coming of spring will help to lesson their resentment when that month is over.
All in all, we've really only had two adventures that will definitely require their own blogs when I get some time, but not much family wise has been happening. If you are a bit curious about some of our day to day stuff and don't mind my rantings and ramblings you can check out my other blog at http://snatchesscratchesandpatches.blogspot.com/ which is mostly just my random thoughts on life, being a mom, and writing.
No comments:
Post a Comment