Monday, July 6, 2009

Independance Day - Part 2 With Friends

We were invited over to some friends in Claremont to watch the fireworks from their house. (Okay, yes, I'm still a little bitter that they had to cancel the big show that was right across the street from us... I really hope they will bring it back because it was a great event for our little town.) There was quite the group gathered and everyone had a good time relaxing together. I charged the battery on my camera and took a few more shots of the fun.

We killed time with our own mini display while waiting for the big event.


The three little men - these guys are just too cute. All of them wanted the front seat of the John Deere Power Wheels (that thankfully didn't go anywhere without someone pushing it). Notice that Ryan is in the driver's seat... sheer stubborn determination, the other two would actually go play, have fun, and chase the fireworks but Ryan never left his post.

Alicia with a sparkler... definitely my girl....

I've got to say there is nothing like watching a fireworks display with a big group of kids. Even Ryan enjoyed creating a running commentary with various combinations of "look" "over tere" "fire" "boom" "wow" and "yay".

No comments:

Post a Comment