Monday, May 4, 2009

A Whirlwind of a Week

These past two weeks been a bit crazy... lots of good things... but craziness indeed.
First of all - My mom and Aunt Dorothy arrived about a week and a half ago for a week long visit. It was a fairly low-key visit aside from the fact that they got to experience first hand the wild animals that I claim sometimes as children... Their arrival immediately prompted a few rounds of "bump bump" riding around on the back of Grandma's wheelchair over doorstops etc.


The day after they arrived Uncle Matt came for a visit as well. They had the attention of 5 grown ups and lots of presents - they were spoiled rotten and loved it. While Matt was here we all got to use the pool and fitness center where Mom and Aunt Dorothy were staying both kids gave me some scares in the water but it was really fun.

Tuesday night I finished up my papers and such for school this term! It felt so good, I'm actually trying to convince myself that I should still take the one course through the summer.

Thursday I left Ryan with Mom and Aunt Dorothy and took Alicia over to the school for a chance to look around and get a feel for the place. She got to meet both of the Kindergarten teachers, we won't know for a little while whose class she'll actually be in but she liked both of them and already found some of the big kids that were practicing for a production of Little Mermaid that thought she was adorable. I actually had to fight with her to get her out of the place because she was sure that she hadn't seen everything yet - possibly because I refused to let her go play on their outdoor play set.

Friday Morning Mom and Aunt Dorothy hit the road again back to TN and FL. The kids were pretty exhausted. Not that I should be surprised after the vast quantities of energy that they had exploited during the week.

Unfortunately, I was too busy to remember to take more pictures or when I did remember the kids were moving around and they came out blurry. I think Mark got some video, so we'll have to see how that turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment