Friday, May 22, 2009

Our Seasonal Guests

Every year we get some visitors to our house. This year we were a little disappointed because they didn't come in their usual time toward the end of April but two nights ago Alicia looked out the window and spotted them.

The likely reason for their late arrival was also explained... this year they had baby chicks with them (they're hiding well in the picture above). They were so cute to watch even though they only stayed less than a day this time. It'll be exciting next year to see what happens.


Needless to say the kids were excited. Both were ready to run outside and personally go greet the family. I had to catch them quite a few times and hold them back when I went to take these pictures and they followed me outside. In the past it really hasn't been a problem - Alicia's chased these two all over the yard and they could probably care less but I didn't want to take any chances with how they might react now that they had the babies with them. She finally accepted the idea that they would probably be scared if she came too close because they were worried she would hurt the babies.

1 comment:

  1. super cool, I'm sure the kids loved to watch the chicks.

    ReplyDelete