Friday, January 30, 2009

To Begin

One of my resolutions this year was to better keep in contact with family and friends (too many of whom are far away). In my search for solutions I turn to the technologies of today and do what I never thought I would... become a blogger. Hopefully though this will help us all keep in touch.

Just a brief summary of the happenings here...

Life is pretty much an interesting combination of chaos and mundane. Mark is trying to juggle work at the school system here along with finishing his last semester toward his Bachelor Degree and keeping his business going and still trying to find time to relax and have fun with the family.

Alicia will be 5 in April and is growing like crazy. She is excited to start Kindergarten in Fall but still a little apprehensive about what it will be like. She's made a lot of good progress so far in learning her alphabet and even how to spell a few words and with counting. All in all she spends most of her time drawing, watching PBS Kids, acting like a drama queen/goof ball and planning what she wants for her birthday.

Ryan will be 2 in April. I'm not sure if I'm quite ready for that but he sure is. His vocabulary is growing every day and his favorite new trick is to see how many times he can climb out of bed at nap time and bed time. All I know is I've lost count...

As for me. I've had one year back in school and another one to go before I get my BA in American History. I spend most of my time trying to chase little ones - my own two as well as all the others at church since I'm in Primary right now (good thing they're all cute!). A couple times a month I also video meetings to air on our local Public Access station. Most people would probably think it's boring but my guess is that I've got a twisted sense of humor because I really do find small town politics interesting.

Overall... I think it's safe to say that we're looking forward to Spring. Winter is fun for about a month or two and then it sort of looses it's appeal (I say this as I look out the window at snow levels almost even with the bottom of the window sill and plow piles that would make great igloos).

1 comment: