
Well, I guess I could begin by saying that at least this year, I didn't set the fire alarms off in a chorus of annoying shrieks making the pancakes and bacon that A-- requested again. Of course she only actually ate the bacon part of it anyways. (I really should have guessed). We even managed to make it to school on time. She's been pretty nervous about this year. Most of her close friends are in the other class and some of the first graders last year gave the impression that 1st grade was really hard and boring.
Since it's been a while since then I'll give a quick update. She's still putting a lot of pressure on herself. Math seems to be going well for her but reading has been a lot more of a challenge. She really likes her teacher though and it helps that the classes seemt to do a lot more together than last year so she still gets to see some of those friends.

R-- of course really wants to be able to go to school too. He hates having to watch her leave on the bus in the morning and if we're actually dropping her off at school it's even worse. I think he's realized that sissy is still a much better playmate than Momma can hope to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment