After a little while though she felt pretty confident scooting around on her own.After we got some more ice cleared Mark and I put on skates as well. Mark showed us all up... naturally... while I made Alicia feel much better about herself but proving that falling is okay. After all... the idea of walking on water is still just a bit scary for this Florida girl.

Ryan announced loudly the injustice of Sissy having skates while he didn't. In a classic Ryan move I all the sudden noticed he had disappeared so I went looking around for him. When I got close to the house I heard a cry for help coming from the garage. My instant worry was that he had gone inside and gotten hurt. I should have known better. He had gone on a very specific mission - find Daddy's rollerblades. He did and he had them on his feet and the cry for help was simply that he couldn't figure out how to get up on them and make it out to the pond so he could skate too. He was absolutely furious that I took them off and wanted to put his boots back on him. He actually kicked so much that I couldn't so I took him and left him in the green house next to the pond where we could keep an eye on him and he could play with all of his toys in there. No go... in his socks he came crashing to us through the snow. ::sigh:: he survived but you'll also notice in the picture he refused to wear his hat or gloves... something fairly common for him even when we're outside for a while. I think he believes we should be living somewhere much warmer than VT. (on a side note as he's watching me put the picture of him up here he looks at it and says "Ryan so sad". )

No comments:
Post a Comment